Do you have a pure sound heart?
Eight signs to identify whether you have a pure, sound heart…
1. A person considers himself to be belonging to the next world, not this world. He is a stranger in this world and cannot wait to reach his abode in the Hereafter.
2. He becomes upset with himself anytime he commits a sin until he finally and completely repents to Allah.
3. If he misses his daily recitation of the Qur’ān and dhikr, he is more upset and unhappy than if he had lost his wealth.
4. He finds a pleasure in worshipping Allah that is much greater than any pleasure he finds in eating and drinking.
5. When he begins to pray, all his worries and concerns about the world leave him.
6. His only concern and worries are concerning Allah and acting for the sake of Allah.
7. He is more concerned with and stingy about wasting time than a greedy person is with respect to his wealth.
8. He is more concerned with the correctness of his deed than he is with the performance of the deed itself.
● Ighāthah al-Luhfān min Masā’id al-Shaytān by Ibn al-Qayyim رحمه الله
Please visit our website Jannat Al Quran.