Beautifying the voice while reciting the Qur’an (Beautiful Quran Recitation):
• The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: “Beautify the Qur’an with your voices, for sweet voice increases the beauty of the Qur’an.”
• The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: “He who does not recite the Qur’an in a pleasant tone is not of us.”
• Al Bukhari and Muslim reported from the Hadith of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: “Allah does not listen to anything, (more approvingly) as He listens to a Prophet reciting loudly the Qur’an in a sweet voice.”
• The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: “Among the people who recite the Qur’an with the most beautiful voices is the man who, when you hear, you think that he fears Allah.”
Etiquette of reciting the Qur’an:
Scholars mentioned some etiquettes which we need to do when reciting the Quran:
• The reciter should perform ablution (Wudu) before starting the Qur’an recitation.
• Reciting the Qur’an in a quiet, clean and pure place.
• A reciter should try to sit facing the Qiblah.
• It is recommended that the reciter cleans his mouth with miswak.
• Seeking refuge with Allah (Exalted be He) against the cursed Satan at the beginning of recitation is important to protect yourself from the whispers of Shaitan.
• The reciter should learn the Tajweed (Rules of recitation) with a qualified teacher.
• The reciter should try his level best to apply the Tajweed rules while reciting the Quran.
• The reciter should read the translation of the Ayahs so he can understand what he is reading.
• Beautifying the voice while reciting the Qur’an along with taking into consideration the rulings of Tajweed is essential
• The recitation should not be interrupted his recitation unless there is a necessity as he is reciting the words of Allah (may He be Exalted).
• Recite the Quran according to one of the narrations. Example: Hafs from Asem.
• When a person recites an Ayah in which Jannah is mentioned, he should ask Allah for Paradise.
• When the reciter recites an Ayah in which Hellfire is mentioned, he should seek refuge in Allah against it.
• When he recites an Ayah in which forgiveness is mentioned, he should ask Allah for forgiveness.
• When he recites an Ayah in which an invocation (dua) is mentioned, he should invoke Allah for goodness.
• A reciter should be keen to act according to the Ayahs of the Qur’an during his life so as not to make the Qur’an a proof against him on the Day of Recompense.
• Recitation should be solely for the sake of Allah alone.
Please visit our website Jannat Al Quran.