Jannat Al Quran is an institute that aims to teach Quran, Arabic and Quranic Arabic to non-Arabic speakers. Our main target is to get the students to love the Quran and implement it in their life.
The main intention of establishing this institute is to offer a good job and environment for the Egyptian teachers to serve the Holy Quran.
The institute expects the teachers to have the same aim and intention. Commitment and punctuality are essential for the institute to keep growing. Please read this page carefully and seek assistance if anything is unclear.
- Teachers should use the institute’s email (email@example.com) or the chat feature on Jannat Al Quran automated system to communicate with HR, Support and Quality Control teams.
- Teachers should use the features of reschedule, apology and chat on Jannat Al Quran automated system to communicate with their students.
- It is not allowed for teachers to share their contact number, personal email address or Facebook account with the student. The only method of communication between the teacher and the student is through Jannat Al Quran automated system. This helps us protect the teacher’s rights.
- Teachers must not speak about financial issues with the students. If the student has any financial enquiry, please ask them to email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Please email (email@example.com) if you are having any problems regarding the classes with the students as repeatedly missing the classes, etc.
- If a student informs the teacher that they want to leave the institute or have a holiday, please ask the student to email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to inform them. The teacher should also email (email@example.com) to let them know.
- Teachers should respond to HR and Quality Control emails as soon as possible (not more than 24 hours). Ignoring the management emails may result in further procedures.
- The student may have 4, 8, 12, 16 or 20 classes per month. The management decides the number of classes given to the student monthly.
- Each class lasts for either 30, 45, 60 or 90 minutes, please ensure the whole class time is delivered.
- If the student wishes to increase or reduce the number of classes, please ask them to email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Teachers should not change the agreed class day and time as these timings are agreed with the teacher from the very beginning.
- Both teachers and students should switch on the webcam to ensure good communication.
- The teacher must always be online at the agreed time with the student. Please start logging in to the system between 5 to 10 minutes before the class time. Please note that the “create” button will be activated 5 minutes before the class.
- There will be a deduction in the teacher’s salary if they are late for the class. The amount deducted from the teacher’s salary increases if the teacher is frequently late. This deduction is calculated automatically according to the time when the teacher starts the class.
- If you come online and the student is not there, please wait for 50% of the class time, then end the Zoom meeting (from the Zoom application not from the system).
- If the student joins the class during the rest of the class time, you will get a notification email that the student has joined the class. Please join the meeting again and give the student the remaining time.
- If the student does not join the class, click “End Meeting” once the class time ends.
- If the student misses the first class, please email email@example.com. The student may be facing a technical problem that needs our help.
- Teachers are responsible for delivering all the required number of classes per month. You should reschedule any cancelled classes within the same month (even if the cancelled classes are from the student’s side) so that the whole number of required classes is delivered within the same month. Please note that there is no make up for the classes cancelled by the student with short notice (less than 3 hours prior to the class time)
- If the teacher is unable to reschedule the cancelled classes in the same month, rescheduling the cancelled classes should be done the following month. Please check the missed classes using the filters in the top menu.
Apologise or Reschedule a Class
- If you wish to cancel a class and make it up on another day or time, please click on the “Reschedule” button. Please write three options so that the student can choose one of them.
- Please note that you can only reschedule a class at least 3 hours prior to the class time, otherwise that may result in deducting £4 from your salary as it was not enough notice for the student that the class will be cancelled. The teacher still needs to make up the missed classes.
- If you wish to cancel a class but you are not sure when you would like to make it up, please click on “Apologise” button. Then you can reschedule this class and make it up later.
- Please note that you can only apologise for a class at least 3 hours prior to the class time, otherwise that may result in a deduction from your salary as it was not enough notice for the student that the class will be cancelled.
- If the student informs you that they wish to cancel a class, please ask them to use the “Apologise” or “Reschedule” buttons on the system, otherwise, the class will be done at its original time on the dashboard.
- Missing the first class or a trial without at least 3 hours advance notice will result in £6 deduction from your salary. It is a very bad start with the student! If the teacher cancels another class without notice, they will be dismissed.
- If there is a power cut or an internet problem and the teacher is unable to attend the class, the teacher should text or call HR and let them know so they can inform the student before the class.
- The teacher is allowed to cancel one class only per month if the student takes 4 or 8 classes per month.
- The teacher is allowed to cancel two classes only per month if the student takes 12 or more classes per month.
- If the teacher cancels more than the number of the allowed classes to be cancelled monthly without a written email to the HR stating a valid reason for the cancellation, makeup class should be done and £2 will be deducted from every cancelled class.
- Teachers who have university examinations can cancel more classes if they have exams on the same days of the classes or the day before the exam. They should reschedule these classes within the same month.
- If the teacher has a problem during part of the lesson time due to internet issues, then the time lost must be made up.
- If for any reason the whole class duration was not delivered, you MUST make up the time lost next class. Remember both you and the student agreed about a certain duration for the class so we owe the student this time.
Wudu and Prayer Timings
- Please ask the student to perform Wudu before the class. Always encourage your student to perform the prayer on time if it falls within the class time. You can check that online or ask your student about the prayer timings. The teacher should pause the class for the prayer which should not exceed more than 10 mins.
- If the class falls within your prayer time, you should pause the class as well and ask the student to practice during that time.
- The teacher should give extra minutes to make up that time.
Quality Control and Examinations
- Once your student finishes a Juz or a level, please fill in the form under “Important Links” in the top menu of the system.
- Quality Control will test the student, submit the result, then inform you via email to check the result on the system.
- Students are tested when they finish the lesson “Tanween” page 23 on Jannat Al Quran book and they are tested again at the end of the book.
How to test the student when they finish half the book “Tanween lesson”?
- Teachers do this test themselves
- Ask the student to read one line from each lesson
- Make an audio recording for what the student reads
- Upload the audio using this link: https://easyupload.io/ You can also find this link under “Important Links” in the top menu of the system.
- Please send the link of the uploaded audio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the name of the student and the username.
- The test at the end of the book should be done by Quality Control Department.
Quran Reading and Hifz:
- Students are tested by Quality Control Department at the end of certain Juzs indicated in the methodology of teaching the Quran. (Please check the methodology of teaching for more details)
- Students who want to start Hifz must read Juz 30 by looking applying the Tajweed rules then get tested by Quality Control Department before they start the Hifz programme.
- You will get an email from Quality Control to inform you of the student’s result within 5 days from the day you sent the examination request.
- One of the Quality Control Specialists may contact you to attend one of your classes. The aim of that is to help and guide the teacher to improve their methodology of teaching.
- If the teacher doesn’t get the student to be tested or is not following the methodology of teaching, 25% will be deducted from one month’s salary.
Class Summary Report
- Please fill in the class summary report immediately after each class. You are given 36 hours after your class ends to fill in the report. Failure to fill in the report on time will result in a deduction of 10% of the class wage.
Quarterly (every 3 months) Reports Submitted to the Parents
- If you are teaching children under the age of 16, a quarterly report should be filled in every three months (beginning of January, April, July & October).
- Please check the help button on the top menu of the system to know how to create and fill in the quarterly report.
- You will be given 10 days to fill in the report. Failure to fill it in by the end of the 10 given days will result in £4 deduction from your salary as we have given the parents a certain date for sending them these reports.
- This report is a summary of your work with the student in the last 3 months. It should be filled in properly and carefully.
- If the teacher has a student who is doing Hifz, Hifz plan should be written at the beginning of every month. Please check the help button on the top menu of the system to know how to create and fill in the Hifz plan. Failure in filling in the Hifz plan by the end of the 5th day of the month will result in deduction from your salary.
- Teachers are paid by the mid of every month.
- Teachers take half the students’ fees.
- Students pay £8 per hour if they take 4 hours per month, the teacher will be paid £4 per hour.
- Students pay £7 per hour if they take 8 hours per month, the teacher will be paid £3.5 per hour.
- Students pay £6.5 per hour if they take 10 hours per month, the teacher will be paid £3.25 per hour.
- Students pay £6 per hour if they take 12 hours or more per month, the teacher will be paid £3 per hour.
- Trials are free of charge for the student. Therefore, the teacher will not be paid for trial classes.
- The rest of the income is spent on other salaries, expenses, website, marketing and advertising the classes.
- Please click here to check the fees on the website.
- Teachers are paid in Egyptian pounds according to the exchange rate at the beginning of the month.
- Your salary will be transferred to Export Development Bank of Egypt (EBank)
البنك المصري لتنمية الصادرات
Holidays and Resignation
- If the teacher has examinations or is planning to travel, they should make up most of the classes beforehand. The teacher should email (email@example.com) two weeks in advance to inform them of the holiday and state the reason for that.
- Classes are running as normal in Ramadan, you can organise the time with the student according to the Iftar and Salah time for both of you.
- Stopping the classes without two weeks advance notice will result in the deduction of 50% of the total payment. If it is an emergency, you should email HR stating the reason, otherwise the deduction will be applied.
- If a teacher wishes to resign, they should email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and give 4 weeks advance notice.
- Failure to give 4 weeks advance notice will result in the deduction of 50% of the total payment.
Teacher of the Month
- The management will choose one teacher every other month to be the role model. This will be decided according to reports submitted by the HR and Quality Control departments.
- The chosen teacher should be ideal in the following areas:
- Attendance and punctuality
- Filling in the new student file, hifz plan, quarterly reports, timesheet and class summary report regularly and properly
- Students are improving and their level is good
- Good behaviour with the students
- Following the methodology of teaching and the policy
- Responding to the management emails as soon as possible, as well as respect and good communication with them
- Attending the quarterly meetings regularly
- This teacher should have been working with the institute for at least 6 months.
- The chosen teacher will be given a gift (laptop) which will be delivered to his/her house. His/her name will be added on the website as the teacher of the month.
Bonuses for committed teachers
- The management will give bonuses every month to committed teachers who follow the institute’s policy, attend the classes regularly and are punctual.
Annual Umrah trip for a chosen teacher and a management member
- Every year, on the 1st day of July, the management announces the name of a teacher and the name of a management member who will go for Umrah trip that year.
- This teacher and management member should have been working with the institute for at least one year.
- We will be considering the following:
- Good behaviour in general
- Attendance and punctuality
- Passionate and enthusiastic
- Students are improving and their level is good
- Following the methodology of teaching and the policy
- Respondent to the management requests and cooperative
- Good feedback from the students/parents
- The chosen teacher/management member can give this Umrah to a close family member if he/she wishes.
- Details of the journey will be given to the teacher at that time.
In order to help you improve, develop your skills and excel, we will email you two reports annually (in June and December). Bonuses will be given to teachers with high performance.
Change of time in March and October
- Clocks go one hour forward/backwards in the UK, USA, Canada, Australia and some other countries in March and October. We will let you know the specific date of the change. Teachers should not change the class time which was agreed from the beginning according to the student time zone. For example, if your class is at 6pm UK time. It will continue to be 6pm UK time whether the clock in the UK goes forward or backwards.
Teachers not following our policy and methodology of teaching
- If a teacher is not following our policy or methodology of teaching, they won’t be given new students and their students may also be taken from them.
- Further procedures may be taken against the teacher not following our policy or methodology of teaching according to the situation.
- Please note that the money collected from the deductions will be given as bonuses to committed teachers on top of the bonuses given by the institute, as teachers who work hard should not be treated same as those who are not committed.
Teacher: “What should I do when I get a new student?”
1- An email will be sent to you from email@example.com to offer you a new class. Please ensure the days and times are good for you as you are not allowed to change them unless something unplanned happens later on. Please respond to the email within 3 hours. Please let us know your acceptance or refusal so we can ask someone else if the class is not suitable for you.
2- A confirmation email will be sent to you from firstname.lastname@example.org stating the start date and giving you more details about the class.
3- You will be informed of the level which the student will start from. Please stick to this level which will be written on the email. After doing the first class if you think the level given to you is incorrect, please email Quality Control (email@example.com) or chat with them on the system.
4- Please prepare the syllabus you are going to teach. Read “Methodology of Teaching” and “Common Mistakes” pages.
5- Please fill in the “Summary” sheet after every class.
This is your email that you will use to communicate with the management.
Email this account if you are having any problems logging into the system, communicating with the students, having enquiries regarding the classes, salaries, holidays and resignation.
Ask the student to email this account if they have enquiries about the fees.
Email this account if your student is ready to be tested or if you have any enquires regarding the syllabus or methodology of teaching.
Ask the student to email this account when they inform you that they want to leave the institute, have a holiday or they want to increase or reduce the number of classes. They can also email this account if they have problems with the automated system.
An email will be sent to you from this account to offer you new classes.