Methodology of Teaching Quran to Children (Students from 8 to 13)
|Beginners||No Quran||Jannat Al Quran Beginners Book for Children and exercise book as homework||– NO QURAN SHOULD BE TAUGHT WHILE TEACHING THE BEGINNERS LEVEL. The students are still learning the Arabic Alphabet so no need to make them read the Quran whilst their pronunciation of the letters are incorrect.
– Students are tested after they finish the lesson Tanween and at the end of the book. (Please check the policy)
|1||From Surah An-Nas to Surah Adh-Dhariyat (juz 30 to juz 27)||Jannat Al Quran Tajweed Book for Children
Juz 30 & 29:
Juz 28 & 27:
|– Juz 30 is taught from Surah An-Nas to Surah An-Naba. The rest of the Juzs are taught from the beginning to the end. Example: juz 29 is taught from Surah Al-Mulk up to Surah Al-Mursalaat.
– Please encourage the students to memorise 10 to 15 short Surahs when they finish reading half Juz 30.
– If a student has completed the beginners level, they must have at least recite Juz Amma by looking with the teacher and in addition, they should be tested before the teacher starts teaching Hifz to the student.
– Students are tested at the end of each Juz in Quran.
|2||From Surah Al-Baqarah to Surah Al-Imran (juz 1 to juz 4)||
Juz 1 & 2: Madd
Juz 3: Heavy and Light letters
|– Students are tested at the end of each Juz in Quran.|
|3||From Surah An-Nisa to Surah At-Tawba (juz 5 to juz 10)||Revision||– Students are tested at the end of each Juz in Quran.|
|4||From Surah Yunus to Surah Al-Ankaboot (juz 11 to juz 20).||Revision||– Students are tested at the end of each Juz.|
|5||From Surah Ar-Room to Surah Qaf (juz 21 to juz 26).||Revision||– Students are tested at the end of each Juz.|
Please note that all teachers should teach Jannat Al Quran Tajweed Books. No other books are allowed.
Methodology of Teaching (Beginners Level):
- This book is taught to beginners or students who need to improve their pronunciation even if they have read the whole Quran before. Please focus so much on Makhaarij and correct pronunciation.
- The teacher should read the lesson for the student and ask them to repeat it many times till it is read without mistakes.
- Please don’t start a new lesson unless you are sure that the student masters the old lessons.
- Please ask the students to practice during the week at least 15 mins daily. You can find the videos under Syllabus on the website.
- Revise with the student regularly and test them every few lessons.
Methodology of Teaching Quran Reading (Level 1 to 5):
- The teacher should read the Surah from juz 30 for the student and ask them to repeat it many times till it is read without mistakes.
- Please ask the students to practice during the week by listening to Shaykh Mahmoud Khalil Al-Hussary for at least 15 mins daily, and try to repeat each Ayah after him. Please ask them to go to “Quran Recitation” in the menu on our website http://www.jannatalquran.com/quran/
- Give the student a small homework by practicing a certain letter or finding some Tajweed rules in a short Surah.
- Please remember that practical application of the Tajweed rules is Fard on every Muslim, not studying the rules. So we should focus more on the student’s recitation.
- Do not exceed explaining the Tajweed rules for more than 10 minutes in any class.
Methodology of Teaching Hifz (Level 1 to 5):
- Read with the student the Surahs that they will memorise and ensure they read them properly.
- Give the student a revision timetable.
- The student can spend the rest of the class time on reading if they only memorise 1 or 2 pages.
Islamic Studies Syllabus
- The books are on the website. The teacher is free to choose which book to teach from, this is according to the student level.
- Please don’t teach the Islamic Studies books for more than 10 mins per class.